Friday, December 26, 2008

Linpus Desktop Switching

Now there's an easy way for the users of Linpus Linux Lite to switch their desktops. All you have to do is

1.Download the desktop-switch-0.3-1.i386.rpm.gz

2.The forum link is here

http://www.iphpbb3.com/forum/39151476nx21895/linpus-f13/desktop-switch-update-t218.html

3.Press alt+f2 and type terminal and press enter, then in the terminal window type sudo -i

4. Goto to the download location eg. cd /home/user/Downloads

5.Type gunzip desktop-switch-0.3-1.i386.rpm.gz

6. Then type rpm -i desktop-switch-0.3-1.i386.rpm

7. Now you can switch the Desktop by clicking the Icon

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I used your walkthrough and it works perfectly.
    One question though! The texts on my new desktop are black with a lightgrey semi transparant backgroud. How can I change that, as I use a white text on a very dark backgroud? Would you know? It would help me out!

    anne@reflekz.nl

    ReplyDelete

My Aspire One

My Aspire One
This is my lovely netbook

Followers